Monday, April 12, 2010

Tour of Two States




Live to ride, ride to live! Gordo, Sam, and I ventured on an unforgettable scrape last weekend. The three of us set out Friday evening round 5:30 with one goal in mind...."Let's SCRAPE!" We made it to Beaver Mountain before it was dark, so we set up camp. It was a frigid night but luckily squished into a three man tent we found moments of warmth. Gordo awoke us by yelling in his sleep thinking people were stealing our scrapers. In the morning we set out and conquered two major climbs to the summit before Bear Lake. What a way to start the morning. My lungs were pumping, my heart was racing, and nothing but a grin on my face as we zoomed down to the blue blue water below. Time flew by as we made our way to Ovid Idaho. From there after a lunch break we headed up highway 36 through a tight canyon. What a marvelous sight. Cache Forest was brilliant and we all enjoyed the scenery as we passed it slowly up the steep endless up-hill. After reaching the peak elevation of 7,424 we hit that pavement so fast with 5%-6.5%-7% downhill grades! WAHOO! I loved the next rolling hills towards Mink Creek and beyond. The sun smiled upon us in Preston, and we felt as if it was cheering us on....helping us to reach our destination....Only 30 more miles left. The hardest miles were those that followed Smithfield because I knew we were so so close to home. A victory dinner ensued thanks to Gordo's mama! I loved this tour and was so proud of all of us! We did it....Accomplished something great and our bodies, snacks, and bikes were all terrific.

4 comments:

N+C said...

YOU DID IT!!!!! SO PROUD!!!!! OW OW!!!!

joleen said...

Climb every mountain! Follow every dream! (I need to make some dreams m'self)

Tay said...

you never cease to amaze me! I love and miss your guts!

holly jo said...

mostly, you make me sick.
mostly.
other times, you make me
sick.