My favorite holiday started out with some delicious GREEN chocolate chip, bannana pancakers followed by a glass of GREEN orange juice to gulp it down! There's just something special about walking around campus and seeing all the green eye candy that people are wearing! Some people go more out then me, if you can believe it! I did my little song and dance, ate some shamrock cookies generously given to me by Mama, and placed a tatoo on my hand. Here are some facts I learned a month ago while researching a topic for my folklore class.
* We celebrate this day in honor of St. Patrick's death
* The color to comemorate him was actually blue??? WIERD
* The first St. Patrick's Day Parade took place in Chicago
* The Chicago river is dyed green with 40 lbs of dye every year
* Leprachans weren't a part of this celebration until Walt Disney introduced them in his film starring Sean Connery...Darby O'Gill and the Little People.
JUST KISS ME ALREADY...I'M IRISH!!